A little knowledge goes a long way.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

How to Stencil

I've been making woodcuts off and on for a few years now. I like the balance of design and execution it offers. I ran across this stencil site today and realized that these guys use a lot of the same design and seperation techniques that I use when making multi-block prints. The only real difference is the added consideration of stencil integrity and support of void areas in the stencil. That and the fact that with woodblocks you remove what you don't want inked instead of the image.

Check out the tutorials page: http://www.stencilrevolution.com/tutorials/

This has a lot more appeal to me that silkscreening. It's probably because this too has that same balance of design and execution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home