A little knowledge goes a long way.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

How to prepare for disaster

A few months ago I attended a neighborhood meeting about disaster preparedness. It was hosted by a neighbor but a person from SDART (Seattle Disaster Aid & Response Teams) came and gave a presentation and handed out some pretty cool booklets. One of the best things I found out is that water should be stored with no air in the bottle, and the best bottles to use are 2 liter soda bottles.

I ran across a website today put out by the S.F. Office of Emergency Services and it seemed like it had a lot of good basic information regardless of where you live. I like the build a kit sections. Check it out: http://www.72hours.org/

3 Comments:

Blogger Deane said...

Just remember kiddies - if disaster ever does strike, just "duck and cover", and you'll be just fine!

8:01 PM

 
Blogger Erik said...

unless it's a lava flow.

8:28 AM

 
Blogger Deane said...

I think I own that South Park episode!

12:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home