A little knowledge goes a long way.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

How to make spicy peanut sauce

I made some really tasty peanut sauce a couple days ago that we had on some tofu, spinach fettuccini, red and yellow bell peppers, and grated carrots and cucumbers. It was a build your own noodle salad.

SPICY PEANUT SAUCE

2 peeled garlic cloves
1 peeled piece of fresh ginger (about the size of your pinky)
1+ teaspoon of hot chile paste
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 1/2 tablespoons sugar
3 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons sesame oil
3+ tablespoons of water

Combine it all in your Cuisinart with the blade. Run for 30 seconds, pulse 10 times or so, run for another 30 seconds.

It should be pourable. If it's too thick add a bit more water.

Enjoy on noodles, garden rolls, veggies...

9 Comments:

Blogger ACB said...

This was the tastiest peanut sauce I've had in a long time! It beat the pants off of store-bought sauces. Yummmmmm

The salad was even better the next day, when all the ingredients were cold, rather than room temperature.

12:54 PM

 
Blogger CMT said...

I'm a bit freaked out by the image of putting anything the size of your pinky into a Cuisinart . . .

9:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must try this! The one I've been using needs to be simmered.

7:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks yummy

3:14 PM

 
Blogger ggsosilly said...

This sounds really good, I am looking to make some spicy chicken lettuce wraps. I am not sure what a cuisinart is can i substitute it with something else?

7:27 AM

 
Blogger Erik said...

Cuisinart is a food processor brand. For this recipe you could use a blender instead.

7:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used a blender and the sauce was Amazing. I am keeping this recipe.

1:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

for more recipe

http://howfm.blogspot.com

11:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I use it to eat white rice?

5:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home